Play Coffee opens its second cafe within the historic Wells Fargo Building. The espresso bar is centralized as a 360 island, highlighting staff and their espresso preparation- where guests are able to see the entirety of their beverage produced. Pour over menu is rotational based on bright and seasonal coffees from our 8-10 roasting partners. Scandinavian or “Nordic” is generally our preferred roast style, and we work hard to carefully partner with our favorite roasters from all over the world.
History of the Building
The First National Bank of Orange was opened at the same time as its affiliated savings institution, Orange Savings Bank. First National merged with the Bank of Orange (which had become The National Bank of Orange) in 1927 and moved to a newly constructed building on the northeast intersection of Chapman and the Plaza. The First National Bank of Orange remained in the graceful building until replaced in the early 1970s by Wells Fargo. The lobby remains impressive with its high inlaid bevel ceiling. It is the second oldest building continuously occupied as a bank in Orange County, and is now home to Play #2.